30 January 2012

Will of Lewis McCurley

     This is the will of my Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather, Lewis McCurley of Hart County, Georgia. He was kind enough to list of all of his children, even the deceased ones.


State of Georgia, Hart County.
                     Last Will and Testament of L.W. McCurley.
I L. W. McCurley being of sound and disposing memory, do make this my last Will and Testament.
Item 1st
      I wish my wife Nancy McCurley immediately or as soon as possible after my death to pay all of my debts out of my personal property, the remainder of my property after my debts are paid I give and bequeath to my wife Nancy McCurley and my entire estate consisting of perishable property and two hundred and thirteen acres of land for her own use and benefit during her natural life.
Item 2.
     After the death of my wife I will that my property all be sold, equally divided between all my children namely: W.S. McCurley, Nancy Brown, Susie Craft, J.S. McCurley, Lucy Rand, G.W. McCurley (now dead) R. E. McCurley, Sallie Jordan, Ada Evans, Ona Charping and Vannie Shiflet. Any that are now dead or should die between now and the death of my wife I wish the children of deceased to receive the part of the part legally divided between them.
     I do will that my daughter Nellie Slaters (now dead) children receive the part of their mother legally divided between them.
Item 3.
     I do hereby appoint my son J.S. McCurley as executor of this my last well.
     In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand that 22n day of July 1908.
                                                                       L. W. McCurley
Signed and published by L.W. McCurley as his last will and testament in the presence of the undersigned who subscribed our names hereto as witnesses at the instance and request of said testator in his presance and in the presence of each other.
This 22nd day of July 1908.                           R.L. Shiflet
                                                                       Geo. S. Shiflet
                                                                        L.M. Cunningham
                  Recorded this August 9th 1910
                                                               W.B. McMullan, Ordinary



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails