24 October 2009

Surname Saturday - Lindsey

I'm researching the Lindsey family as part of my (half) brother's line.

Lona C. Lindsey was his Great-Grandmother (also seen as Lonia). She was born on 17 Feb 1883 in Alabama and died on 4 Jul 1969 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. She married Charles Marion Freeman on 17 Feb 1899 in Fayette County, Alabama. Their daughter, Lillie Ruth "Bobbie" Freeman was my brother's grandmother.
Cash-Freeman Bible The Freeman line doesn't go back very far just yet - I haven't spent much time on it. According to a family Bible (sent to me from a descendent of one of Lillie's sisters), Lona's parents were John and Kate Lindsey.

I also found Lona's death certificate in Family Search's Alabama Death's collection. It gives her parents as John Lindsey and Katy Taylor. Based on family trees online, Kate might have also been called Judah.

I need to spend some more time on this family so that I can create a family tree of more than two generations on the Lindsey line. It looks like there are more children in the AL death index with 'John & Kate Lindsey' as their parents - so I'll start there and expand the family. After that, I'll look for them on the census.

If anyone else if researching the Lindsey family near Fayette County, Alabama, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails