03 July 2008

Looking back at old notes

Lately I've been looking back over old notes that mom & I took during the beginning of our research. At the time the notes either didn't make since at the time or didn't seem to connect to any of the other information we had. Now, looking back, I see notes that we'd put aside for years that have snippets of information that makes since and will start me off in new directions. Some information backs up other sources that I've found as well.

Most of the information consists of notes taken by my mom from interviews with my grandmother. One piece of information is a partial transcript of Milstead Methodist Cemetery in Rockdale County, Ga (I added the info to findagrave.com). There are also cemetery maps from a few Atlanta cemeteries.

It's nice to look back at this "old" information and find "new" leads.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails